A License to Shoot During Downtime

Sometimes You Feel the Need to get Away

When the daily grind gets to the point you feel the need to get away and just relax, take a deep breath and fly solo, then pick your favorite place. In this case I chose the beach. I took a one day vacation to our beach house on the Long Beach Peninsula in Washington State. When I arrived all I wanted to do was drop onto the bed and close my eyes. But it wasn't long and the record-setting rain and wind began to clear away. And there I was, alone and suddenly bored and in need of a minor challenge. So as I am married to my camera bodies, I chose my trusty old Canon 30D and headed for the beach just a short walk through tall grasses on a well beaten path. 

When I reached the shore for a brief few seconds the sun popped through the overcast sky and nearly blinded me from the reflection on the waves. I caught a lone seagull hunting for tasty snails, sand dollars and sand shrimp.


A little further down the beach as I walked North I was greeted by an opening sky that simply begged to be shot. I was happy with the reflection in the wet sand though when I got back and looked at these, i could see dozens of salt spray spots all across the images and it took awhile to remove them.


And so the day went, as I just took whatever photos I pleased even catching a Father and Daughter enjoying a break in the weather. My whole purpose was to get away, take a break and enjoy some downtime. But I ended in capturing some nice images I may be able to use in the future. So even when you're relaxing and getting away from it all, keep in mind that you can always bring something back to the studio. There is often opportunity even in down time. 

What have you captured lately when you least expected it? 

 





 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Dull to Dramatic Photography

The Service this Art Site Offers is the Very Best for Art Buyers

Shooting Christmas Can be Fun.......or........

Soft Proofing in Photoshop

Consciousness Coupled with Photography Art

Do you ever shoot for free?

Happy Mother's Day Mom

The Fix for Copy & Paste Issues between Apple Devices

Two very special prints at Fort Vancouver NHS a National Park