Understanding Why Art is so Important to us All

 Why it's Important to Add Art to our Homes and Offices


What is it about art in our homes, our offices, doctor's offices and our libraries we visit that maintains spaces on our walls rather than opting for no art? 


Challenge yourself the next time you walk through your home, to really take a good long look at the art on your walls. And not just the loud or the quiet ones, but all of them. I am certain you will notice that you have pieces which inspire you, calm you, energize and regenerate you. Pieces of art that you may keep for awhile, maybe a long while. And these should be the ones that after spending time thinking about them, perhaps belong where they are or might be better in a different location. 

And once you have made that decision, you will begin to rethink your wall art. It's highly possible you begin thinking about your lifestyle, your place in life which has changed since you hung those prints. Because we like to hang works that bring all the facets we treasure into our homes and offices, it is natural to add them. It is natural to admire them. To get the peace or the dramatic impact of them. To find solace or wild inspiration.

However it is also natural to rethink our art, in order to wonder if the pieces, those prints are still as relevant as when we added them. We may decide to refresh those prints, and thereby hang new pieces, that give us a whole new lease on our existence at home or our businesses. Time has a way of lessening the impact of our wall hangings. 

I noticed it just yesterday as I stood staring at each piece for a minute, some for less. The ones I took a longer look at I decided I would keep. But the ones I moved past a bit quicker, told me that the special feeling, while still there, were to a lesser degree, as impactful for me. In fact that's what inspired this article. I wondered if the art on my walls, had regressed to a point which made me wonder if it was time to look at some new pieces. And if you fortunate enough to help a friend or family member with this, all the better, because giving is one of the most rewarding things we can do.

I will do that this week. Now I must say that looking for art which inspires me, may be a bit more convenient, as I am a photographer and have access to many images that I have both on my website and in my NAS drive sitting next to my Mac desktop. It is a so easy for me to just pick a few prints and print them from my pixels website or I can send them in a size appropriate for their respective walls in my home. In fact I have about a dozen or so coming this week but for customers that like me to mail to them personally. Then I thought isn't it about time, I began refreshing my own prints. 

If this is something you might consider you can locate my work at my website

Maybe I'll see you there, from any comments you might leave, and I can respond to. After all this is a proper opportunity to look, as we have just moved into a new year, 2023

I'll leave you with one image 



Closeup Texas Longhorn Print by Rich Collins

















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Dull to Dramatic Photography

Shooting Christmas Can be Fun.......or........

Consciousness Coupled with Photography Art

Do you ever shoot for free?

Happy Mother's Day Mom

Soft Proofing in Photoshop

Not Having Much Fun With Photoshop?

Soft Focus your Photos

Photo Use Acronyms Explained

Two very special prints at Fort Vancouver NHS a National Park