Happy Mother's Day Mom



Happy Mother's Day.

This is in honor of my Mother, whom most of her friends call Dot. I caught her in the midst of preparing the kitchen for dinner.

    I should say that Mom, Dot, is much more than a Mom to me, she is an Angel. She has been my inspiration for positive thinking for a lifetime and continues to inspire me. Why? I can recall when I was very young and was tied to the farm, milking cows, slopping hogs, feeding horses and chickens, gathering eggs, all of this twice a day, that I used to complain about not having enough time to spend with my friends who were all free of these (work duties - ahem) activities, and she'd say, "Well what would the animals do without you?" How could I argue with that? Or when I'd come in with near frozen fingers from winter's chill and she'd have a warm steaming wash towel for my hands. "Here", she'd say, "this will warm you in no time".


Why else? She has spent many, many years helping at her church, St Joseph's, with whatever they needed. She has volunteered in the community for St Vincent De Paul's for a very long time, and visited older citizens in care homes who have no relatives near for more years than I can recall. She has always been there when relatives have needed help in decorating for the holidays, or providing a temporary home until they got on their feet. And when I was served in Viet Nam she sent me so many cookies and candy bars, home made bread and assorted cakes that I became known as the Cookie Soldier.

I love you Mom and even though you are spending your Winter's in a golf course home in Arizona these days, I always feel like you are with me. Happy Mother's Day Mom. This one's for you.

Oh, and no the picture is not for sale.

Comments

Unknown said…
I love this article! Quite a wonderful tribute to a wonderful lady! Knowing your mom many years ago, I agree with you. She is a very special person. And she has raised a very special son. BTW-lovely pic! Robbie
Charlotte said…
What a wonderful story about your Mom and so true. I think Dot is also the best sister any one could ask for and I'm very greatful that she is my sister and friend.
Char

Popular posts from this blog

From Dull to Dramatic Photography

Shooting Christmas Can be Fun.......or........

Consciousness Coupled with Photography Art

Do you ever shoot for free?

Soft Proofing in Photoshop

Not Having Much Fun With Photoshop?

Soft Focus your Photos

Two very special prints at Fort Vancouver NHS a National Park

New Years: A time to Defrag your Hard Disk Drive