A New Series, Revealing my Intent, explained

 Why I've decided to explain my intent on each print, added to this new series


To be blunt, I have a history of intensive shooting for future creative results. What does that mean to you? My point in shooting a subject is to end with an image that is how I wanted the original image to end up, how much better I feel when my work is done, post editing. Most all images I shoot, are fairly ordinary, not referring to the subject, but considering the best light, shading, contrast, B&W or color, and other important factors. 

I gain, in most cases, an image for printing that is far better than the original shot.

This is done through editing with software only when the set up, that is, waiting for the right light, taking care to achieve the very best focus, finding a subject that is purposefully sought for intentional re-editing and so on,  is not immediately available to me. So the prints my customers receive, have a lot more work than can be imagined upon first glance, until they have an appreciation of that extra work. 

And so it takes a keen eye to really get my intent in many of my prints. The alternative is to simply accept the effect it gives one, from the first glance and not concern themselves with the work and the impact or the extra work involved. Both perceptions are perfectly acceptable. But as a photographic artist, I get more in return when I hear back about how this affected their appreciation as they share it with others.

I'll post my first image, print in this series soon. Leave a comment if you like, about a print subject you might be looking for, interested in, or have in mind for your consideration and if I have something that fits your purpose, I'll be sure to add something of that genre.

Let's take this journey together





First in this series Looking Down from St Helens

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Dull to Dramatic Photography

Shooting Christmas Can be Fun.......or........

Consciousness Coupled with Photography Art

Do you ever shoot for free?

Happy Mother's Day Mom

Not Having Much Fun With Photoshop?

Soft Proofing in Photoshop

Soft Focus your Photos

Two very special prints at Fort Vancouver NHS a National Park

New Years: A time to Defrag your Hard Disk Drive