New Photo Art at Fine Art America

 

 

Eye of the Croc  


 

As I crouched to take this shot, mere feet away, the Crocodile never took his gaze off me for a second. His jaws were beginning to relax and slightly separate. I remember thinking I had forgotten to silence my shutter and wondered if that double-click would cause a reaction. I had to recall, without looking how much room I had behind me to jump back, if it did. I think I took almost a full minute to release the shutter, every second becoming more tense than the one before. And I thought to myself, I know you didn't get as big as you are, Mr. Croc, by missing often, but please just this once. 

 

Clearly I'm here to write this so I survived the shoot, with nary a move on the Croc's part, but I have wondered since if it were mere luck. I guess I'll find out if I run across him again. Ever had a near miss like this?

 

Find it in print sizes as well as Throw Pillows and cell cases at my portfolio site

 

Rich Collins Image Creator


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Dull to Dramatic Photography

Shooting Christmas Can be Fun.......or........

Consciousness Coupled with Photography Art

Soft Proofing in Photoshop

Do you ever shoot for free?

Happy Mother's Day Mom

Soft Focus your Photos

Photo Use Acronyms Explained

Two very special prints at Fort Vancouver NHS a National Park

Not Having Much Fun With Photoshop?