Lunar Eclipse

Did any of you get the chance to shoot the recent Total Lunar Eclipse? I set a tripod on my deck and used a remote shutter release. And I got a decent shot but even with sharpening I wasn't able to capture a saleable shot. I have a Manfrotto 190 set of legs with a 141RC Head which is more than adequate for the 30D with a 70-200 F2.8L IS with a Canon 1.4xTC extender. The problem was that the center rod, with legs fully extended, still had to be raised beyond the extension connection and with the turning of the earth or the decks boards movement, or that I didn't use mirror lock up as Peter mentioned from the forum at Ik, even as still as I was I could not quite get a sharp focus. And yes I remembered to shut off the IS. This one is just as soon as the Full Eclipse had passed and I could get a good orange color.



Leave a Comment with a link if you have one or you've seen one. If it's yours let us know the settings. Mine was captured using Manual, F Stop was 4.0, Shutter Speed was 1 sec, Focal Length was 280mm, and ISO was 1600. We have about a year if I recall until the next one. If anyone has a more accurate date, let me know.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I managed to capture some of of shots of the lunar eclipse. I am new to image kind and found your blog that way. I have a shot in my gallery that is a compilation that my father put together for me
http://www.imagekind.com/Showartwork.aspx?IMID=ffc62d4e-d5f5-4cd9-a4b2-49dbcf4d8ced
Tripod in the backyard, shutter release cable 3seconds, f6.3 iso 400
Hope you like it!
Anonymous said…
Forgot - Manual, focal length 300!
Outsideshooter said…
I think you'll find IK a great place if you get involved in the forums too. Looks like we got very similar results. Great shot & tell your Dad he does nice work. I wonder if he would mind writing up a 'How To' on the compilation for our readers? Thanks Lisa, Rich

Popular posts from this blog

From Dull to Dramatic Photography

Shooting Christmas Can be Fun.......or........

Consciousness Coupled with Photography Art

Do you ever shoot for free?

Happy Mother's Day Mom

Soft Proofing in Photoshop

Not Having Much Fun With Photoshop?

Soft Focus your Photos

Photo Use Acronyms Explained

Two very special prints at Fort Vancouver NHS a National Park