Not Having Much Fun With Photoshop?

I am guilty of this too. I am constantly learning about using tools in PS and learning new ways of using them. Time goes by and we just keep doing the same stuff, or variations over and over to increase our skills. But then we see someone else's work and we are awed by it. I recently saw some digital art from a photograph converted to a near painting and found out that it was done with brushes I don't have. Fortunately the link was included in the post.

Jump to the link above or below, and you'll see more brushes that you'll ever use in your lifetime. Well I guess that depends on your age, but it's certainly true for me. If you like a particular set, check back in and share them with us. Also if you like your work, link us to something you've done.

Have fun at Get Brushes .com

Comments

Admin said…
Hey Rich! Thanks for sharing this.
Outsideshooter said…
Look for more in the search engine above if you like. If you ever need a specific one just let me know.
Admin said…
Hey Rich! I am using Firefox and when the download is complete it opens up with photoshop but I am still not able to figure out where the downloaded brushes are.
Outsideshooter said…
Hey Lyon, I navigated on over to the site's FAQ page, http://getbrushes.com/faq/
and if you scroll down a bit you find this:

- How do I add these brushes into Photoshop?

1. First of all, the most of brushes offered here are packed into ZIP or RAR archives. In order to use them with Photoshop you need to extract brush files first (you can use this handy free tool for unpacking them).
2. Next, you need to copy the extracted Photoshop brushes (files with .abr extension) either into the default brush folder (if you are a PC and CS2 user by default that would be: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS2\Presets\Brushes) or you may simply put it into any folder of your choice.
3. After that follow the steps shown on the image below:Load photoshop brush set
4. In Open File Dialog choose the brush you like and click “Load”.

If thsi does not work, let's take it another step. Get back to me, & we'll email them for assistance. Get back to me either way.
Rich
Outsideshooter said…
Ooops, by the way Lyon, below Number3 you have to go to their site to see the gif as it won't load in Comments here. It is basically choosing the Brushes Tab & selecting Load Brushes. Let me know if you are getting any closer.

Popular posts from this blog

From Dull to Dramatic Photography

Shooting Christmas Can be Fun.......or........

Consciousness Coupled with Photography Art

Do you ever shoot for free?

Happy Mother's Day Mom

Soft Proofing in Photoshop

Soft Focus your Photos

Photo Use Acronyms Explained

Two very special prints at Fort Vancouver NHS a National Park