September Marks the Cusp of Holiday Planning

 September Begins the Holiday Planning Curve in Earnest





For many of us we begin to look all the way to Christmas. In fact while shopping at Costco yesterday, I spotted the first Christmas tree of the season. Just a tip toe into it Costco has begun the retail test of the shopper toward the Holiday shopping mood. So I thought perhaps I'd better ratchet it up a notch and begin the planning of updating our homes for company on Thanksgiving and Christmas.


When we think about it, some of us will focus on the food exclusively, but for many of us, its time to update our homes interior and the art we choose to display, in thinking of our Holiday company, and ourselves. It is perhaps overdue when thinking about out the main rooms in our homes; our family room, our living room, our kitchen and dining rooms and yes our bathrooms. These are the most visited rooms and are usually in dire need of refreshing our wall art.

If you haven't been including art along with how often you've painted, it might be a good time now to begin the process of art updating. Beginning now, only means visit my website to see what you are comfortable with for your main rooms. 


How to Start

Planning ahead is the beginning of the process. Once at my art site, you can spend some time simply bouncing about or carefully considering the subjects of your needs. This can brighten up a place to its fullest potential. While keeping the same pieces we've had for years can leave a tried look to our homes, and the same is true for our offices. The recommendation is to replace half of our wall art, every 3-5 years. Some of us do this even more often. One of my clients says she seasonally changes out all of her art, and every 1-2 years replaces all but her most favorite pieces.. And on her favorite pieces, she merely replaces the frames.

While that seems a bit excessive to most of us, it suits her fine. And as a photographer selling my photography, who am I to disagree with her desires. If it works, it works. I have the advantage of so much art in my art room, that I can change out, or replace pieces as I choose. And I do so often, especially, beginning at this time of year. 


I urge you to begin the wall art search at my site, Rich Collins Wall Art 


Make this year your Season of Change



Palouse Falls

Palouse Falls



And remember if it strikes you while visiting, there are so many other prints and products for each of my works to choose from. Enjoy your visit and thank yourself for taking the first step in modernizing and updating your home





















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Dull to Dramatic Photography

Shooting Christmas Can be Fun.......or........

Consciousness Coupled with Photography Art

Do you ever shoot for free?

Happy Mother's Day Mom

Not Having Much Fun With Photoshop?

Soft Proofing in Photoshop

Soft Focus your Photos

Two very special prints at Fort Vancouver NHS a National Park

New Years: A time to Defrag your Hard Disk Drive