Are You Shooting what You Want?

It's High Time You Shot What You Like

 

I've caught myself reviewing my image files so many times, in order to weed out any imperfect photos, anything with blown out areas, or ones without any detail in the shadows, blur in the subject, incorrect subject framing and so on, just moving through the process of my preferred workflow. Then suddenly I'll question even why I spent the time shooting this subject. It was nothing I was particularly interested in, it simply fell into my lens. And that's ok if you don't have a subject in mind when you set out for a day of photography. 

But over the years, I've developed a way to avoid this, being that time is so precious as I age, is to create a document with categories of shoots I want to newly capture or revisit.  I will even set into the document, a route link, a gps or an address, if possible. In the grand scheme it saves me a ton of time, as I know exactly where I am going. Sort of the front side of spontaneity.



 

Photo Categories

 

But even with the lists I have created, in order to help you with your search, I have found a site whose generosity in monthly listing suggestions, goes to a level that very few of us would ever undertake.  Take a look at CaptureYour365 , as they will give you more than you can use in 10 years time. Here's just one month, this month, July of 2015. Some will take a fair amount of thought and creative imagination, others are more immediate. But lists such as these are a lot of fun for some of us. You shouldn't have trouble locating at least half a dozen for this month alone.

1. From the Shadows
2. Hazy
3. Side Light
4. Spellbound
5. Now and Then
6. Variation 
7. Where I Stand
8. In the Past
9. Vintage Style
10. At the End of the Day
11. Zeitgeber
12. Sky Blue
13. Delicate
14. The Horizon 
15. Off Prompt
16. Undercover
17. Tranquil
18. At the Edge
19. Placement
20. Arranged Neatly
21. Midpoint
22. Natural Beauty
23. Stacked
24. Mirrored
25. On the Right Side
26. On the Road
27. Thrill Seekers
28. One After Another
29. Sprawling
30. Marker
31. Back in the Day

Request

If you find any other sites offering such helpful categories, post them in the Comments below.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Dull to Dramatic Photography

Shooting Christmas Can be Fun.......or........

Consciousness Coupled with Photography Art

Do you ever shoot for free?

Happy Mother's Day Mom

Soft Proofing in Photoshop

Not Having Much Fun With Photoshop?

Soft Focus your Photos

Photo Use Acronyms Explained

Two very special prints at Fort Vancouver NHS a National Park