My Gear


                 The Canon EOS 5DII


I've been shooting with Canon gear most of my professional career. Obviously for the majority of time I've shot with film bodies, but more recently digital has taken over nearly all of my image captures. Starting with lower end Canon's as well as Fuji and Olympus, my learning curve was fairly quick but my goals were not achieved. I could not get the large print quality I wanted until the Canon 5D came along. I already owned the Canon EOS 30D and with some very good results. High resolution was pretty good, but I wanted ever larger prints. With the introduction of the EOS 5D I felt I had finally reached the quality I was used to with the full frame capability of Canon film cameras I had used previously. Now that the semi-affordable EOS 5D had finally been introduced with a Full Frame sensor, I was very happy. But as technical specifications always give way to even better technical specs, I was ready when the successor came along, the Canon EOS 5DII.

This one really gives me everything I need and most all of what I want. Full frame sensor with 21MP and Digic 4 image processor and full HD 1080p video, the highest possible resolution for even the highest end motion picture cameras. For what I shoot mostly, landscapes and nature, I could not ask for any more.


As for lenses, I find the 70-200 F2.8L IS as well as the 17-40 F4 L and the 24-105 F4L IS my most often used lenses. If I am doing a portrait then the 135 F2.0 L USM is my best option. Among my lenses these are my favorites. I have others that seem to sit for long periods and probably should trade them or sell them, but I am more a collector than a trader, so they sit till I find an appropriate shoot.






I thought some of you who follow my blog might like to hear what gear I use, but I want to be clear I am not in any way being compensated for this post from any site, manufacturer or affiliate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Dull to Dramatic Photography

Shooting Christmas Can be Fun.......or........

Consciousness Coupled with Photography Art

Do you ever shoot for free?

Soft Proofing in Photoshop

Happy Mother's Day Mom

Not Having Much Fun With Photoshop?

Photo Use Acronyms Explained

Two very special prints at Fort Vancouver NHS a National Park

Soft Focus your Photos