Which New Camera to buy?



There are simply too many choices to make picking a new camera, an easy task. In the past we could simply walk into our local camera store, and see most all of the new cameras available. We could pick one up, take it outside with a suitable lens attached by the store rep and shoot a few shots just to get the feel. And in some cases we could come back next day to view the pictures we had taken. I'll assume many of us knew a couple of the store reps well enough to get this done.



Today whenever I walk into a store the cameras are either cabled down to a security board or the rep you are asking knows more about their cell phone features than the cameras they are supposed to be selling. So where does one start? Well to make things a little easier dpreview.com gives you all of the latest new camera reviews with a few simple clicks.

But here's a second choice if you want to see a website doing reviews using an Editor who has a physics major from the University of Kent. I don't know if that means he is using that knowledge base in a review but he certainly has the ability to research. That website you'll find at Camera Labs.

And yet a third review place is called Trusted Reviews.

You may find other reviews at places such as CNET.

Imaging Resources.

Or Digital Camera Review.

But no matter where you go, slow down and take your time if you are relatively new to DSLR's. Their is a lot to cover and in order to make the right purchase without going through a half dozen different ones before you land on one you are comfortable with and does the work you want it to do. Even if you have had a number of cameras, read the whole review.



Yah I know some of this stuff is boring, but trust that it all is relative and meaningful. Hey I hope this helps. Let us know what you think of the different sites I've listed above. One of them has a lot of flashing ads going on, but the rest are quite tame. Good luck and enjoy the reviews.

Comments

tonyp said…
Thank you first, Outside Shooter for your comments on IK. It's funny, I have a Pentax K1000 in my closet now. I'm old school, I love Nikon F's and Canon A's. My first camera was a Canon AT-1. I love your blog, I'm going to link it on my "Art That Stopped Me blog.

thanks again,
tonyp
Outsideshooter said…
Thanks tonyp,

Consider yours linked also. See way down, sort of, where I put my favorite site under 'Links To Site I Like'.

Yah I miss some of my old cameras, such as the AE-1 & the Viogtlander Vito B.

Thanks for stopping by

Popular posts from this blog

From Dull to Dramatic Photography

Shooting Christmas Can be Fun.......or........

Consciousness Coupled with Photography Art

Do you ever shoot for free?

Soft Proofing in Photoshop

Happy Mother's Day Mom

Not Having Much Fun With Photoshop?

Photo Use Acronyms Explained

Two very special prints at Fort Vancouver NHS a National Park

Soft Focus your Photos