Veteran's Day November 11th Every Year

On Friday, Nov 11th we Give Thanks to all who Have Served in Defense of our Country


Memorial Day is the day we honor those military personnel who have sacrificed their lives. But we can, if you choose, honor both on both days. However it is best to remember which day represents the proper soldiers.  Memorial Day on May 30th (last Monday in May every year), and Veteran's Day on November 11th (every year).





It's always an honor to be told "Thank you for your service" no matter where I am. I was walking in a grocery store yesterday, when a man walked up to me, reached out his hand to shake mine, and used that phrase. I realized a second later it was doubtless because of my military ball cap I had just purchased a week ago at an Military Exchange store. Not why I bought it, and I will be aware on the next occasion I wear it of what to expect, perhaps.

So even though I'm not suggesting you shake the hand of everyone wearing a military cap, you might get a renewed sense of just how many we see as we are doing our daily duties outside of work. And knowing that, we might also get a sense of the vast number of those who have served, we can't recognize, without their cap. There are many. Some of which, too many in fact, who live alone, or don't have friends who might call or visit to just spend time together. And their are still the numbers of homeless vets out there.

For any of those Veterans you have in your family and extended family and friends, make it a mandate that you at least say hi, with a call, a text, an email or better yet, a visit to see them. You don't have to bring up war stories. But you might celebrate their service with that oh so common phrase again, " I just wanted you to know I appreciate your time the military and what you've done for all of us here at home, or something similar.

There are many other ways to say thank you too. A meal, a day invited over to your home, a walk, a movie, a game, a gift of any appropriate category. Because my specialty is photography I get to choose from my own portfolio. The best to you and your veteran 


  
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Dull to Dramatic Photography

Shooting Christmas Can be Fun.......or........

Consciousness Coupled with Photography Art

Soft Proofing in Photoshop

Do you ever shoot for free?

Happy Mother's Day Mom

Soft Focus your Photos

Photo Use Acronyms Explained

Two very special prints at Fort Vancouver NHS a National Park

Not Having Much Fun With Photoshop?