The When and Why of Buying Art

The When and Why of Buying Art

Are you the type that sees a piece of art, be it a painting or a photo already in the frame in a variety store, and stuffs it in the shopping cart? Is that really all the thought you give to buying a piece that represents what you enjoy in life? Or do you give it more thought than that? 

Do you for example, go to art galleries, or farmers markets to peruse the local talent, taking your time and perhaps even snapping a phone photo to remember the piece and the artist, the photographer? Taking that pic home to think it over, and/or discussing it with another? I am a photographer and that is exactly how I do it. I have been known to buy on the spot. But the piece has to be something that grabs me, or is relevant to my surroundings or my treasured past. But mostly I am thoughtful about a purchase. It's not so much what it costs, though it can be if the piece is expensive for my budget. It is more about what I want on my wall, and what I want to project to the world of visitors to my home or office, about who I am, what I respect and how they might think of me. 

Our lives, all of us, are full, and we are busy, so busy it seems we hardly have time to think of adding another project or event which involves choosing art. But we return to our homes nearly every single day. And what I want in my home, besides all the expensive furniture and appliances and technology gadgets, is something which either relaxes and comforts me or what inspires or motivates me. And that is the art I choose to hang. I take nothing away from all the photos of family and friends, those are keepsakes revered for ages, to be passed on. But the art that we choose for motivation or comfort, should be something we take time to think about, reflect upon, and hang in special places in our homes.

I wrote this piece to help you make choosing a piece or two here at my gallery online nearly effortless. I would be honored if you took the time to visit before moving on. Thank you




 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Dull to Dramatic Photography

Shooting Christmas Can be Fun.......or........

Consciousness Coupled with Photography Art

Soft Proofing in Photoshop

Do you ever shoot for free?

Happy Mother's Day Mom

Soft Focus your Photos

Photo Use Acronyms Explained

Two very special prints at Fort Vancouver NHS a National Park

Not Having Much Fun With Photoshop?