Where is all the Interesting Photo Art?



What Interesting Photo Art is Out There?




We could go into the subject of what 'Interesting Art' is, and spend a few years debating it, (feel free adding comments if you like), but what I'd rather do is seek out what I believe to be interesting art, in the field of photography. I like to keep focused on what I love and that is shooting creatively with my cameras and using PP or Post Processing).


Moon Through Branches


     ( no post processing )

I was out on a night when the full moon rose in a fog, and since I couldn't capture the shot I wanted, I thought why not try to get something interesting. And after trying several positions, I ended with shooting through branches on a tree, with what ended up being, a faint glow of a face, if you will, only because of a pattern of leaves. And even this shot took perhaps a dozen tries.


Letters on Rusty Door


( post processing )

Here's one I created from a shot I took of an unusual subject, a rusted door with dirt and debris on it. Then after some color selection and adding of the letters of my business name, I felt it was interesting enough to complete as a business card background. I find it energizing to seek out subjects and then altering them for creative purposes, and from this example the subject can be far less than interesting to start with. In fact some of the most interesting subjects you can use will be of items you wouldn't think twice about upon choosing them.


From Yellow/Green to Bleak

 ( post processing )

 With this one I shot a landscape with loads of yellows and greens and brownish/red bark, then muted the colors to present a rather bleak, washed out look, fitting for this locale while minimally artsy.



With this landscape view I wanted to utilize a more dramatic effect, as if the weather were about to prepare the viewer for a once-in-a-lifetime event. Unlike the example above this one, the treatment produced a surreal yet acceptable and enjoyable push of more than realistic color. It could be interpreted as an almost biblical feeling.

 


And now combining a bit of both the washed out look, with the color push above, this workflow allows for the Spring fresh colors of the flowers, and at the same time, reflects the dilapidated barn and bleak surrounding landscape. 


Creating the Photo Art Effect

When looking for examples of Photo Art, keep in mind you may favor one over another, rejecting many because of your preferences. But don't automatically reject any one, if from comparing and combining, you might be able to work out a truly enjoyable piece to live with, or gift to someone you appreciate, or sell if you are so inclined. You might take a look online at galleries, slideshows, portfolios and blogs where photo artists tend to maintain their photography, just for the sake of that creative spark to juice up your talents. I find the more time I spend just taking an image with interesting subject matter, creating layers, using an array of Photoshop tool adjustments, the more I add to my creative talent. There's plenty of help out there for using CS5/CS6 if you need it, and from time to time most of us do, or feel free to ask a question below.







Add a Comment Below and Share

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Dull to Dramatic Photography

Shooting Christmas Can be Fun.......or........

Consciousness Coupled with Photography Art

Do you ever shoot for free?

Soft Proofing in Photoshop

Happy Mother's Day Mom

Not Having Much Fun With Photoshop?

Photo Use Acronyms Explained

Two very special prints at Fort Vancouver NHS a National Park

Soft Focus your Photos